So, what do I need to know if I want to switch?
First, check if your existing supplier charges you a cancellation fee – you’ll probably want to factor this in if you do decide to go for it. After that, it’s a question of just following these simple steps:
• Find your latest energy bill – you’ll need the information on it such as who your current supplier is, what tariff you’re on and how much you pay or how many kilowatt hours you use. However you can still switch without your bill.
• Compare – you can do this right here using our energy comparison service.
• Make the switch – Just hit the “switch now” button, complete your application form and your new supplier will let your old one know and they’ll agree on a switchover date.
• Take a meter reading – on the day of the agreed switch over, this will ensure your final bills are charged correctly.
• Settle bills – pay your last bill and then cancel any Direct Debits you have, or alternatively make sure you get a refund if you’re in credit.
So you see, if it’s the endless ‘please don’t go’ pleading from your supplier that you just can’t face, then you’ve got nothing to worry about because your new supplier will do the switching for you.